Why we do what we do
To maximise community prosperity through equitable access, self-determination and trust of digital technology.
How we work
Our work is aligned with the Digital Waikato 2025 strategy developed by Te Waka: Waikato's Economic Development Agency in collaboration with key stakeholders and launched in 2019.
Amongst the five portfolios of work in the strategy is
Close the Digital Divide -
- Facilitate and support accelerated deployment of fit-for-purpose infrastructure to main centres and regions
- Facilitate and support the development of fit-for-purpose public access facilities, programmes and resources
- Promote, facilitate and support initiatives investing in user empowerment, not just infrastructure
Build digital skills and capacity
- Acknowledge, understand and define the digital skills gap and champion addressing it
- Promote, facilitate and support initiatives supporting schools in delivering the digital curriculum
- Support the establishment of fit-for-purpose pathways and career support programmes, resources and tools